The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Certificate in the Sports Massage is to enable learners to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide Sports Massage Therapy. It has been designed to provide learners with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work in an unsupervised capacity as a sports massage practitioner, with non-pathological (non-injured) tissue. In this qualification learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of the theory underpinning the practise of Sports Massage Therapy, including functional anatomy and physiology, nutrition, classification of sports injuries and the stages of healing. It will also provide learners with the understanding, skills and techniques to plan, prepare for and apply a range of sports massage methods to uninjured clients. Learners will also develop the skills to evaluate massage strategies and methods to inform on future treatments.
- Blended Online home study resources with intense practical sessions with our experienced tutors to maximise your learning experience
- The course is part-time and we hold over 3 month period.
- Must complete 2 weekends a month with on-site tutorial at your closet location
- Course costs €1650 and includes tuition fees and online training materials.
- Funding – you maybe entitled to funding for any of our courses, so contact your local Fas or Employment Authority office for details.Click here for more details
- Cost excludes examination fees
- Enrol Online
Dates: 26th September 2015 – 17th January 2016
Location: Citywest Health & Leisure club, Saggart, Co.Dublin
Dates: 16th May 2015 – 23rd August 2015
Registration Deadline: 11th May 2015
Dates: 3rd October 2015 – 24th January 2016
Location: Ardilaun Health & Leisure Club, Ardilaun Hotel, Taylors hill,Galway City.